Reading Eggs – the multi-award winning reading program for homeschoolers!
Reading Eggs is the perfect program for homeschoolers, providing a comprehensive range of research-based online reading lessons and e-books that teach children aged 3–13 the literacy skills needed for lifetime reading success. Developed by a team of elementary educators with 25+ years teaching experience, Reading Eggs provides the ideal complement to any homeschool curriculum.
Why do homeschool parents love Reading Eggs?
The reason why 91% of homeschool parents using Reading Eggs have seen a noticeable improvement in their child’s reading skills is because the program combines a progressive sequence of highly-instructional learning activities with motivational elements – colorful animations, fun music and exciting rewards – that keep kids motivated to learn!
FREE 14 day trial for homeschoolers
You can sign up for a FREE 14 day trial of Reading Eggs, giving you full access to the program. Upon signing up your child can also take the free reading test that will place them at the appropriate lesson according to their reading ability. Before you sign up, you can try 3 sample lessons of Reading Eggs for FREE here.
Track your child’s progress
A comprehensive dashboard details your child’s progress through the program, including how many lessons they have completed, books they have read, their estimated reading age and what score they achieved on each end of map quiz.
Homeschool lessons that match your child’s reading ability
The one-on-one lessons and activities are carefully paced to ensure your child makes progress. Children complete a reading test at the start of the program to ensure they are placed at the appropriate lesson. There is also an assessment test at the end of each map to ensure children have retained what they have learned in the lessons.
Skills taught in the Reading Eggs online homeschool program
Reading Eggs instructs homeschoolers in the five core literacy areas outlined by the National Reading Panel as essential components of reading instruction. These include:
- Phonemic awareness – children learn the necessary listening skills to become aware that speech is made up of sounds and that these sounds make words, syllables and phonemes.
- Phonics – each letter of the alphabet is introduced in its own lesson with a focus on reinforcing letter-sound relationships and highlighting the alphabetic principle.
- Fluency – children develop the rapid word recognition skills essential for reading fluency, including learning to instantly recall crucial sight words that make up 50% of elementary level books.
- Vocabulary – new words are introduced with visual support to provide context and increase word knowledge and retention.
- Comprehension – reading for meaning is the end goal of Reading Eggs. The program includes over 1700 e-books, each with their own comprehension quiz.
Reading Eggs online homeschool program key features
Designed for children aged 3-7, Reading Eggs consists of multiple learning areas, including:
- My Lessons – 120 reading lessons each consisting of a variety of instructional activities. Learn more about the content of each lesson.
- Storylands – features 20 lessons with a focus on developing reading, vocabulary and comprehension skills. Storylands also includes 20 wonderful books and lots of fun rewards. Learn more about the content and skills covered in Storylands.
- Skills Bank Spelling – 96 carefully graded spelling lessons that develop a wide range of spelling strategies. Learn more about the content covered in Skills Bank Spelling.
- The Story Factory – children can write their very own story books and choose full color illustrations to match their story.
- My Program – at the completion of a reading lesson children are recommended 4 e-books to read that match their reading level.
Reading Eggspress continues the learning to read journey for 7 to 13 year olds, helping children further develop their comprehension, spelling, grammar and writing skills. Key features include:
- The Comprehension Gym – over 200 comprehension lessons which cover five broad levels equivalent to school grades 2 to 6. Learn more about the Comprehension Gym.
- The Stadium – your child can compete against students from around the world or against the computer with 4 contests that tests skills in spelling, vocabulary, usage and grammar.
- The Writing Press – your child can learn the purpose of different text types with highly detailed descriptions, examples and tips on how to compose them.
- The Library – home to over 1700 e-books, each with their own comprehension quiz.
What homeschool parents have to say
“Reading Eggs has been the best purchase for our homeschool this year. Our 8 year old dyslexic son loves and learns from this visually exciting program. It has helped his reading and also his writing as he has started his own “Reading Eggs” story book! He draws his own map, creates characters for each level and writes a story for each one. Amazing!” – Edyth N
“Hi there, wanted to let you know that I am a homeschooling parent and I absolutely love your program. My son has advanced so much in his reading in the last few weeks since we have started using Reading Eggs and he absolutely loves it! Thank you for your great program.” – Sharee
“Dear Reading Eggs Team, thank you for a wonderful program. My children love it! They can’t get enough. I’m impressed with the report you just emailed me. Nice touch – especially helpful for homeschoolers. I will add it to my records. Thanks again.” – The Clarkes
“Reading Eggs has been a terrific addition to our homeschool. Each of my 3 kids beg me to let them play and I think that is how Reading Eggs really differs from the others; it is not a chore for them to be using it. My two smallest are now able to recognize words in their own books and my 7 year old has learned to read fluently solely from Reading Eggs. I will continue to use Reading Eggs for many years to come and cannot recommend it highly enough.” – Amanda B
“The price is incredible for the amount of content that you get and is honestly the best homeschool investment I have ever made.” – Schelly
“My homeschooled kids love to do the lessons and for the first time I feel like my 2nd grader is finally making progress in phonics.” – Vanessa